Today we are happy to officially announce that Twimbow for BlackBerry 10 is under development and will be available from day 1 when the new smartphones will be launched later this fall.
BlackBerry 10 is the new revolutionary OS that RIM is going to launch during Q4 2012 and that will be a big revolution in the ecosystem of mobile OS, now dominated by iOS and Android.
We are pretty sure that many of you are now asking themselves: why BlackBerry 10? Why not iOS or Android first? Well, we are more than happy to share with you the reasons behind our choice:
- BlackBerry 10 is the most open OS available for smartphones, way more than Android (and capable of running Android apps as well). The set of tools developers can use is incredible and you can basically port any app to that OS very easily.
- HTML5 performance: as many tests already confirmed, HTML5 performance on BlackBerry 10 is far superior than iOS or Android. It is actually outstanding. Given that Twimbow is a rich HTML5 app, porting it to BB10 is very easy and can offer incredible performances to our users
- BB10 is capable of running an HTML5 app as a native app, with a deep integration with the OS (notifications, BBM integration, UI etc.) and taking advantage of the real multi-tasking capabilities of the BB10 OS, something not available in other smartphones.
- the opportunity to be in the BB App World for the BB10 launch is huge, so we want to be there
- some of the countries that are very important for Twimbow are historically very important for BlackBerry as well. An example? Indonesia, #2 country in terms of Twimbow registered users and now #1 in terms of daily users.
Here is a screenshot of one of the first alpha version of Twimbow (home buzz). The final version will be probably different, though.
Last but not least, a quick video that shows you how it will look like.