Today we are very happy to announce that a new version of Twimbow (v1.8) is available to everyone. This is definitely a major release of our social media dashboard since we introduced a lot of improvements and new much-requested features. Here is what’s new.
Release notes (v1.8)
- Facebook cross-posting: You can now add up to three facebook accounts/pages and send status updates to those accounts, too.
- Twitter cross-posting: If you have multiple Twitter accounts on Twimbow, you can now send the same status update to multiple accounts at the same time
- emoticons: you now see graphical emoticons. This option can be disabled from settings
- redesigned “new message” window: the new message window has been completely redesigned and new accounts can be added directly from there
- additional colors: more colors available!
- URL auto-shortening: when you write / paste a URL in the new message window, the number of the characters left will take into account that the URL will be shortened (using the t.co format)
- preview of message you are replying to: the message you are replying to is now shown in the new message window
- tags on replies: if a message you are replying to contains tags, those are automatically added to the new message
- signatures: you can now add a default signature to your status updates; very useful in case more people are managing the same account
- new “send later” option: “slots” have now been moved to the “new message” window. More scheduling options will be added soon
- slots shuffle: added the ability to re-order your scheduled messages randomly
- go to source in reader (is back): the option to go to the original source in the Twimbow Reader is now back
- native retweets bug: we fixed a bug, on Google Chrome, that was pushing native retweets by users whose native retweets were disabled on Twitter.com
- improved RSS reader: some feeds were not working properly in the previous version, we fixed that
Tons of bugs have been fixed, too, despite there are a few issues that have to be fixed yet. Please tell us what you think, your feedback is, as usual, much appreciated and very helpful to make Twimbow even more powerful.